Before diving deep into the benefits of learning digital marketing, let us understand the fundamentals of marketing and why it is so important
What is Marketing and why it is so important?
Different people have a different understanding of marketing, some believe it is a mode of communication while others think it is more as a conversation with brands, or just advertising. Through a variety of experiences, everyone has built their own picture of marketing.
The heart of any business success lies the way they market themselves. Marketing is a process by which products or services are introduced, and promoted to potential consumers. You may have the best products and services but without marketing, none of your potential consumers will know about it. Key activities involved in marketing are:
- Create your product or service offerings: It is the process of working with the marketing team and develop the offerings which value your consumers.
- Communicate offerings: It is the process of briefing your consumers about your offers.
- Deliver your offerings: It is the process of providing your offerings to the customers in a way that enhances its value.
There are 2 types of marketing – Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing. Let us understand the difference between these two:
|Traditional Marketing||Digital Marketing|
|Involves presence on Print Ads, Outdoor banner Ads, Ads on Newspaper, Television, and Radio||Involves presence on digital mediums like Websites, Social Media sites, Internet, Emails, Blogging sites|
| It lacks the ability to specific targeting of |
prospects or potential consumers
|It can specifically target people on demographics such and age, gender, location, and even life events|
|It is static in nature as people cannot interact 2 ways immediately||It is very dynamic in nature, you can have both ways, consumers can interact, respond and share instantly|
|Reach is local and restricted. Only bigger brands can afford the reach globally||It has a broader audience reach. Anyone present anywhere in the globe can reach standard budgets|
|Advertising is costlier, you pay out to reach people who are not your prospects at all||Advertising is very cost-effective as you only pay when the audience actually views or interacts with your brand|
|It is very hard to analyze and measure the results of marketing||Results are easily measurable in terms of views, demographics, clicks, visits, and sales|
|Running campaigns is not at all flexible and convenient as once you have run your campaigns if anything didn’t work well you cannot pause and improve. Once advertising on radio and television and message did not work well you cannot modify it. moreover, your budget is wasted||Running campaigns is very flexible and convenient on digital marketing channels. You can instantly analyze of what went wrong and can pause the campaign anytime immediately, rework on it and again start running your campaigns instantly|
Looking at the above benefits it is sure that more and more brands are shifting their approach towards digital marketing or online marketing.
Some more reasons why your brands should exist on digital marketing channels :
- Your competitors are on digital marketing channels and creating awareness for their brands
- You might be purchasing online, if not you must be researching for the products you want to purchase
- You are active on social media as well, according to the survey people mostly spend 15 hours a day on social media channels
- Must be viewing entertainment and news channels, where you also view brand ads
Not only you – According to the survey in 2019 there were 5 million active users on the internet who consumes the information digitally, Hence brands understand this, want digital marketers to achieve brands success online and there is a huge demand for digital marketers professionals across the globe.
What exactly is Digital Marketing?
“Digital marketing is an art and science of promoting your brand online to your target right audience with the goal of increasing sales and awareness of your brand”
Who can Learn Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is not rocket science, it does not require coding or robotic skills, you just need to have a passion to learn.
People with varied digital marketing professionals can take up digital marketing courses
- Entrepreneurs – If you are an entrepreneur you can learn to boost your own business online – not enough time to do digital marketing on your own, then also you will be benefited as you will hire a digital marketer for your brand, you can track if they are carrying out digital marketing in a right way or not for your brand, you can also design a digital marketing strategy for your brand and see if it getting executed in the right way
- Home Maker / Part-time job seeker – If you are a homemaker and if you want to earn income from work from home you can easily grab freelancing opportunities
- Graduates – If you are a graduate and looking to grow your career then digital marketing is a good choice for you
- Working Professionals – If you are looking for a job change with a good payout, you can learn digital marketing skills and get well paid and vast opportunities
Digital Marketing is an opportunity for all… Below are some benefits you get when you choose digital marketing as career options:
1. Digital Marketing is a “FUTURE”
Over 10 Lakh jobs are available. It is the highest Growing industry which is most in demand. Big and small – all brands need digital marketing as digitization is the need of the hour
2. Digital Marketing is Affordable and delivers higher returns
Pursuing a digital marketing course is immensely affordable than any other professional course. Also, you get good payouts. The starting salary is 3.5 Lacs per annum.
3. You can start your own business or earn as Freelancer
One of the important benefits of this flexible career is that you can start your own agency with a surprisingly low set up cost or you can be a freelancer. Literally SKY is the limit.
4. Digital marketing makes you agile and versatile professional
If you choose career path or specialization in digital marketing, you just need to upskill yourself, i.e. you build on existing skills in order to make a switch, which means there are plenty of choices and ongoing learning new ones, where different skills fit together. You get a chance to work in various types of brands, maybe it travel, finance, software, or anything. You always need to find out interesting ways to engage your audience. This is the most dynamic nature of a job where you never get bore
5. Opportunity to be more experimental and creative
Unlike other professions, you never end up doing monotonous jobs, always you have to keep upgrading with new skills and be with the latest trends and technology in this field, every day it is a new challenge to find out new innovative ideas, also as a marketer you have a freedom to design unique strategies and be creative to convey the message to your audiences
6. Benefit from more career choices
There is a wide range of digital marketing jobs available and you get a variety of career options. Depending on your interest and skills you can select the role whatever suits you the best.
- Website Developer
- Blog Writer
- Content Writer
- SEO Specialists/Manager
- PPC Manager
- Social Media Manager/Analysts
- Affiliate Marketer
- Ecommerce Specialist
- Inbound Marketer
- Email Marketer
- Digital Marketer Analysts
- Digital Marketer Strategist or Consultant
WordPress Website and Blog Creation
Web development broadly refers to the tasks associated with developing websites for hosting via intranet or internet.
You will learn how to create a business, E-commerce, portfolio website and blogs using WordPress
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms and websites to promote a product or services and gain traffic and increase brand awareness.
You will learn how you can succeed your brand with social media
SEO – Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization or SEO, in short, is a set of rules that can be followed by a website (or blog) owners to optimize their websites for search engines.
You will learn how to make your brand visible on the first page of Google by doing SEO
SEM – SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING
SEM is a type of sponsored online advertising that is used on a wide range of websites, including search engines, where the advertiser only pays if a web user clicks on their ad.
You will learn the tricks of optimizing the campaigns to run ads with spending less budget on Google Ads
Content marketing is the process of creating high-quality, valuable content to attract, inform, and engage an audience, while also promoting your brand.
You will learn how to create and amplify your content on different channels
Email marketing is a way to reach consumers directly via electronic mail. Unlike spam, direct email marketing reaches those interested in your business’ area of expertise.
You will learn how the art of convincing audience to open your emails and increase conversion through email marketing
Learn how to make money online by having your own digital marketing channels.
You will learn how can you earn through YouTube, blogging, website, Mobile Apps through Adsense, and how to promote other people’s brands and earn online through Affiliate marketing.
It is waste to only do digital marketing and not measuring the performance of each channel in Digital Marketing. With Analytics you will learn how to analyze and succeed your marketing efforts.
Kick start your digital marketing career. Enroll now to one of the best digital marketing institute and shape your future
Still confused? about how will you benefited register for a free knowledge session and get your doubts clarified